What needs to be done if I am selling my home?
If the owner has a buyer and closing is through a title company, the title company will contact the City for an up to date meter reading. They will collect the amount due at closing. If the closing falls through, the owner needs to continue paying on the account even though it is still on the market to sell. If the closing goes through the title company will make a check to the City to pay the account. The new owner needs to come in and sign for service in their name. If you are selling your home and not going through a title company, you are responsible for making sure all payments due are paid in full.

Show All Answers

1. What are the rates for a residential account?
2. What is the storm fee on my bill?
3. Does the City offer discounts for senior citizens?
4. Who has to sign up for water utilities?
5. Is there a deposit required?
6. How is the sewer rate figured?
7. What happens if I am delinquent?
8. What needs to be done if I am selling my home?
9. Will I get a bill if I over-pay my account?
10. Can I use a credit card to pay my account?
11. Can I view my account online?
12. Can I pay online?